In this Policy, “Data Protection Legislation” means all applicable legislation, which relates to the protection of individuals with regards processing personal data, including the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679. We protect any personal data that you provide us with & ensure it is stored securely.
Personal data” is defined as information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier which will be referred for the purposes of this policy.
This policy (and any other documents referred to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us by you visiting our website: www.lumoconcervancy.com (“website”).
How We Collect Your Personal Data
We will only gather individual data only for bona fide professional purposes. You may provide the data directly to us for predetermined purposes which mainly involve keeping you updated on about our work.
We may gather the following data from you but not restricted to:
- Your name and gender
- Postal address
- Your telephone number and or fax number
- Your date of birth
- Your email address
- Your location, If you create a Project, join a Campaign or make a donation
- Your legal person or business name
- Your legal physical address
- Your Tax ID (if you are a business)
- Your Stripe account information
- Ship-to information
- Your billing name and address
- Your PayPal e-mail address
- Other personally identifiable information if we need any verification
- Data provided by you via our website and or, through social media (such as Facebook, Twitter etc.) if applicable.
- Any enquiries made through our website or if applicable via social media accounts
- Address information about you from the government or third party sources, for fraud prevention or for legal compliance.
- Email communications between you and LUMO or any other means of communication such as meetings, telephone, mail etc.
- Submissions by you to attend events such as conferences, meetings etc.
- We may collect personal information if permitted by the law.
We primarily require approval from an individual(s) to collect and store their data on our database. One may choose to withhold certain personal information as they desire and by doing so, we may not be able to contact you. We make certain that all the data on our database is accurate and updated and if you desire to make any changes, then please feel free to contact us at any time. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We use your Personal Information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the service and conduct our business. For example (and not limited) to:
- Respond to your queries, customer service requests, complaints or your job application
- Keeping you to date on our various activities by sending you a newsletter or other promotional communications
- Conduct research and analyze data to improve our service or customize our communications with you
- Communicate with you
How We Share Your Personal Information With Third Parties
We will only share your personal information with third parties in ways only described in this policy. We may share your personal data as follows and not limited to:
- As required by law, such as to comply with reporting requirements, a subpoena, or similar legal process.
- In connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringement, piracy, or other unlawful activity or as we believe reasonably necessary to protect or enforce our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others.
- In certain situations, we may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- With any other user, contributor, Project Creator or third party with your prior consent to do so as described in this Policy.
How We Store and Protect Your Personal Information
Lumo conservancy is keen on ensuring that personal data is encrypted with Security Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to encrypt sensitive personal data (such as your payment information and location) before it is transmitted on the internet. We do not store credit card numbers on our database or servers.
We may store Personal data in locations outside our direct control (for instance, on servers or databases co-located with hosting providers). We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Rights Regarding to Your Personal Data
You have the entitlement regarding to your personal data as indicated on the EU GDPR. We rightfully respect and uphold these rights to the personal data stored. They include:-
- Right to access- You have rights to access to your personal data subjective to certain conditions.
- Right to corrections- You can alter your personal information at any time by contacting us. It is your responsibility to ensure that your personal information is accurate.
- Right to erasure- Your personal data can be erase in cases where the data is no longer required subject to certain conditions.
- Right to Withdraw Consent- you have the right to withdraw your consent your rights at any time. Your consent will be effective as soon as it is withdrawn and in the future.
- Right to Object to or Restrict Processing- You have the right to request us not to process your personal data, subject to certain conditions.
- Right to Data Transferability- you have the right to request us to share your personal data in a legible format, subject to certain conditions.
Compromise of Personal Data
LUMO conservancy has put in place secure systems to safeguard personal data. If your data is compromised, we will address the issue as required. We will promptly notify those persons whose Personal Information is compromised. Notwithstanding, LUMOdoes not accept liability for any unintentional disclosure or a disclosure that occurs due to a security breach of our systems or facilities. Please notify us of any breech on personal information on email@example.com
Images Used by LUMO Conservancy
Where applicable, we may request you to consent to have your images taken while on the conservancy by our employees. We may use these images on our website, social media accounts such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to depict the impact of our conservation efforts. If you would like your image erased, then you can request us to do so and the images will be deleted immediately.
Children’s Personal Information
A child or children’s information may sometimes be collected on avenues such as our membership scheme, events, junior ranger program etc. Where possible, we may seek consent from the parent or guardian before collecting information on children.
Our goal is to ensure that all personal information on children is collected in a suitable manner. If you find you would like us to delete any data on your child or children, you can ask us to delete it and we shall do so immediately.
Data Collected by LUMO Conservancy Website
We use HTTP cookies on our website to collect data anonymously to help us measure and improve the performance of the site. All data is stored in a manner that cannot be accessed by a third party. We do not retain any personal data without prior consent from the user.
Links to Other Websites, Blogs/Forums and Social Media Widgets
Changes to Our Policy